Are you energetic, fun, and friendly? Do you want to work in an office that is just as awesome as you are? If so, we want you on our team! Cumberland is a combination Pediatric Dental and Orthodontic office where we have fun at work every day. We love what we do, and it shows!
We are currently on the search for a new Registered Dental Assistant for our restorative department, and we needed you like yesterday. The ideal RDA for Cumberland has a calm disposition and a talent for building rapport with young patients, who may be scared or anxious.
* MUST have N2O, coronal polishing, sealants and x-ray certifications. Please, make sure this is noted on your resume! *
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
- Taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Obtaining accurate patient medical histories
- Taking blood pressure, pulse and O2 stats as needed
- Serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment
- Helping patients feel comfortable before, during, and after dental treatment
- Delivering effective pre-operative instructions
- Providing patients and parents with post-operative instructions
- Taking impressions of patients’ teeth
- Accurate charting of treatment
- Ensuring parents understand the treatment, have been thoroughly educated on procedures and proper consent was obtained
- Obtaining and reviewing medical histories
- Verifying eligibility on services, assigning providers to services and posting services to walk out
- Obtaining all x-rays necessary in the best quality possible
- Utilizing behavior management to successfully complete treatment while ensuring a positive dental experience for every child
- Maintaining accurate clinical notes of each visit
- Helps to train new team members in their job role as assigned
- Cross trains in other areas of the practice to provide team support during times high activity or low staff
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisors or dentist
This position is full time, Monday-Friday.
There are many benefits that come with working at CPDO! Some of the benefits we offer are:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday pay
Don’t think twice about sending your resume. Qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews. We hope to see you soon!
Since this position does require working with children, a criminal background check will be required. If you have questions or concerns regarding this procedure, please email us prior to submitting your application.’
- One location
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Please list at least 2 references (at least 1 professional) and their contact phone numbers.
- What are your salary expectations for this position?
- Dental Assisting: 1 year (Required)