5 Facts About the Flu.
5 Facts about the Flu
- Some people may be able to infect others beginning 1 day before symptoms develop and up to 5 to 7 days after becoming sick.
- Young children & people with weakened immune systems might be able to infect others for an even longer time.
- Symptoms in children can include: A high-grade fever up to 104 degrees, chills & shakes with the fever, extreme tiredness, headache & body aches, severe cough, sore throat, vomiting, and belly pain.
- Severe side effects can lead to hospitalization of children.
- Over 32 million school days are missed each year due to the flu, which also means missed work for mom & dad.
How Can You Help Prevent The Flu?
- Get your yearly Flu Shot
- Wash your hands often & disinfect surfaces
- Eat healthy, stay hydrated, & take vitamins
- Get plenty of sleep
Don’t Wait! Vaccinate!