10 Fun Things to Do While Being Quarantined
Are you stuck inside the house during a quarantine, or have decided as a family to self-quarantine?
This is the perfect time to catch up on that to-do list, spend quality time with the family, save money, and develop healthy habits for after the quarantine is over.
We’ve put together a great list of ideas for you to tackle and stay busy!
1. Clean and Organize Everything
- Think about areas that you normally don’t have time to organize. It might sound more boring than fun but come summer time you are going to be so happy that your home is clean and organized.
- Pantry: label bins and clean out food past their date. Old Holiday candy? Throw it out! Sticky chewy candy can cause cavities.
- Under bathroom sinks: Get rid of old toothbrushes and replace them with new ones.
- Clean out winter clothes and get rid of old Spring clothes that no longer fit. Try to sell them on wesbites like Posh mark so you can make the family a little extra income.
- Organize toys and decor in the garage: label bins and sweep out dirt.
2. Read a Great Book
Don’t binge on TV shows, read a book instead. Why? You can increase your vocabulary and develop excellent concentration habits.
Start a virtual book club: It holds you accountable and it is also a great way to connect with your friends that you can’t see right now.
3. Meal Plan and Prep
- Start developing great meal prepping skills.
- Meal planning helps your family stay in budget and prepping reduces grocery waste.
- Meal prepping helps you stay on track with your health and fitness goals.
- What are the best foods for your teeth? Apples, celery, carrots, broccoli, green leafy veggies, nuts and seeds are great choices for good oral health.
- Go for a walk around the block or take a hike if the weather is nice. The vitamin D will help boost your immune system. Play “I Spy” with your kids and have them pick out animals or plants.
- Exercise helps with anxiety, heart disease, weight loss, increased energy, and so much more!
6. Try a New Craft with the Kids
- Don’t worry about going out and buying materials! You would be surprised what you can make with things around the house.
- Toilet paper rolls, yarn, pipe cleaners, mason jars or popsicle sticks are all great items to use to create your next masterpiece!
- Want to teach our little ones how to floss? Take a big lego block, place playdough in between the crack, and use floss to floss out the playdough. It’s fun and educational! It’s a win/win!
7. Try Some Self-Care
- Paint your own nails instead of getting them done.
- Take a bath with a soothing candle and essential oils.
- Brush, floss, and whiten teeth with the new Colgate whitening kit.
- Write in a journal or daily log.
8. Learn a New Skill or Start Your Own Side Hustle
- Are you great at baking cakes? Maybe making candles? Maybe it’s time to turn that little side hustle into a business.
- What are you interested in? Maybe you think photography is fun and you would like to take better pictures of your kids? Look on Pinterest and see what skills you can learn and try to start your own side hustle.
- What do your friends always come to you for advice about? Is it hair, fashion, or baking? You could start a blog or YouTube channel.
9. Build a Big Fort with the Kids and Watch Movies
- Pop some popcorn, make a massive fort, and watch a movie together! It’s cheap and it will make movie night extra special!
- Be sure to brush your teeth well before you go to bed too! Cavities happen at night time because your saliva flow goes down to zero. It’s the most important time to brush your teeth.
10. Work on your Family Budget
- Family budgets are important and help prep you for your family’s future.
- Pinterest has a ton of “how to start a budget” worksheets that can get everyone on track.